Most folks think "Happy Thoughts" when they are first forced to deal with Eldercare LTC. Surely there are Federal and State programs that can be used. Wrong!
Instead you will use up lots of time with family fights, lots of family trust and emotions, work days, and probably most of the person in care’s money before they go on Welfare MedicAID.
It is really about trying to prevent the 3 "nesses".
Loneliness - Helplessness - Uselessness
In my experience is that Eldercare is a private business with many players who are aware that your life savings are available for them to provide care. Your task is to chart your course through this maze to get the best value for the least savings threat.
You'll see that there are choices no matter what your financial status. You have choices that are free too. No need to end up broke, dead or both. You will gain knowledge and insight to establish a Learning Planning Path to manage your family's role in this inevitable life event. What you know is one thing. What you find out is another. The difference is what’s at risk.
What’s Your Situation?
- Not many Assets or savings, Perhaps own a house
- Own a house and have modest assets - CDs, IRAs
- Some affluence, $200 thousand or more plus house
- Affluent, houses and a $Million or so
- Rich, Many Millions and growing
I have seen all these levels in trouble due to ElderCare LTC costs. Yet they can all benefit from a Learning Planning Path.
Here's help for them to understand the problems of Elder Care (LTC) access today. Tools are on this site to assess the need and evaluate alternatives. And nifty new ways to help through technology, too.
Remember, it's not just about you or your parents because your whole family will suffer emotional and financial hardship too. And the next generation as well.
Most care is provided, planned or purchased by Daughters and Daughters in Law.
I started this project to illuminate the Eldercare predicament. Something that no one else is talking about.
Who Is This Guy?
I’m Lou …long retired yet vital. I believe people don't wear out... They rust out. Not much rust on me yet, thankfully.
My Management background in the Military - USAF, Decorated Vietnam Veteran, Business - 3 Fortune 100 companies and Finance - Retirement investment firms, means I know how to think and get things done.
I am Current President of a local American Association of Individual Investors (AAII.com) and past President of a local Military Officers of America Association (AMOAA.com) Both non-profit volunteer groups.
It’s been my passion to be actively involved in the pain of personal family Elder issues for 30 years and I tell it like it is.
Founder and Caretaker-In-Chief
Monthly LouTalks are offered in a variety of settings such as Health Care Service Centers, Churches, Hospitals, and Civic Groups as well as future YouTube. Radio and TV appearances and Free Personal IChat and Skype sessions can be arranged too.
LouTalk Presentation Titles Available
- What to Expect and Choices to Consider (49 slides)
- The Elephant in the Room, What Predicament? (22 slides)
- MedicAID Rules for Long Term Care (19 slides)
- Family Quicksand is Real - How to pull out (52 slides)
- State LTC Partnership Programs for Insurance (14 slides)
- Define Your Wishes with Advance Directives (20 slides)
- Are your Beneficiaries a Mess? (9 slides)
- Financial Advisors are not Eldercare Lawyers (12 slides)
- Accumulating Money to Retire or Pay for LTC (15 slides)
- Unbiased Info sources for LTC and Eldercare (10 slides)
- What the Heck is a Fiduciary Anyway? (7 slides)
- How to Afford Both LTC and Health Care (10 slides)
Contact us if you’d like a presentation to your group.
Remember- No Sales or Referrals, Just wisdom